on the German side:
- Dr. med H. Listle is specialist for abdominal surgery, emergency medicine and has 3 years of experience in anesthesiology. He visited the Katate Health Center in March 2014 for the first
time during an trip to Uganda. Before his visit to Uganda Dr Listle has already visited and worked in mission hospitals in Cameroon (Full Gospel mission), Nepal (UMN hospital Tansen), Peru
(Diospy Suyana) and the Bwindi Hospital (Uganda). Colleagues from the department of surgery in Memmingen
governmental hospital are supporting the Katate Health Center project.
- the church of Eppingen: they have a partnership with the Ugandan NGO for more than twelve years and have already built a primary school in Kanungu Disctrict. The partnership is flourishing and members of the protastant church of Eppingen visit the project regularly (see their website: www.kirche-eppingen.de)
Pastor Bokelmann from Eppingen church (left) and Executive Director of "Chaperone Int." Mr Honest Wilkins (left) and
Dr. med H. Listle (right) project manager Mr. Martin Atukwase (right)
on the African side:
- Chaperone International is a NGO "seeking to transform communities through provision of quality and affordable education, health care and poverty eradication."
- Mr. Honest Wilkins - the executive Director of our partner NGO together with his college Mrs. Eleanor Nyamishana ("Sunshine") are strong partners we have connected the Katate Health Center project to. Apart from many school projects and the Grate Lakes Regional University CHIFCOD follows a holistic approach to develop the rural and remote district of Kanungu where any help is very much needed. The NGO was formerly founded by Mr. Hamlet Kabushenga.
- Mr. Martin Atukwase is the 3rd founding director of Chaperone International and our project manager - a very important man who organizes the project and works hard with all his heart to make this a successful story. He knows how to unite people, finds solutions, calculates costs for buildings projects and together with Mr. Honest Wilkins and Eleanor he makes sure the project is running well. And we all together pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to make the Katate Health Center project an honour for His name and a blessing for the people of the Kanungu District.
- our project team with our project manager Martin Atukwase, our two doctors Mr. Denis Musazesi and Asaph Aguma, the leader of our operation theater Mr. Honesmas and our in-charge Dr. Timothy all have done a great job together with nurses, midwifes, lab assistances, medical officers who all work together to make this project very precious and very special! Especially our two doctors - Dr. Denis Musasizi and Dr. Asaph Aguma.
Dr. Denis Musasizi and Dr. Mercy Nuwamanya Karenzi are the responsible doctors in our Katate Health Center at the moment. We are very proud of them and grateful - their presence changes everything. And they teach the staff and our students ...!
Since we opened up our operation theater this little institution has gained lots of attraction throughout the region and beyond. Not only from patients coming to our Katate Health Center IV but among med-students, nursing and midwife students, too. Some are from the region or neighbour districts as Ayleen, some even come from far as Moses, our med student from Kampala to do their practical sessions in our facility. And we didn´t even had to do a lot of advertisement. They are just coming. This development makes us proud and grateful as the establishment of a teaching hospital was our very goal. Now it is taking shape in front of our eyes. "Mukama asiimwe" - "Praise the Lord" as we say in the local Rukinga language.
Ev. Kirchengemeinde Eppingen
Kontonummer: 200 5759 0
Bankleitzahl: 620 500 00
IBAN: DE 11 6205 0000 0020 0575 90
Bitte nicht vergessen:
Für eine Spendenbescheinigung bitte Adresse an uns weiterleiten!
bei weiteren Fragen/for further questions:
Ansprechpartner: Dr. med H. Listle